Tuesday, March 11, 2014

21

I turned 21 on Saturday, yay!

It definitely was a strange birthday, I didn't feel like it was my birthday at all. I didn't have that feeling late the night before where your stomach fills with butterflies and you can't wait to see what the day holds (I actually haven't had that feeling for years, but usually there is some anticipation for the day, this time none) 

This didn't upset me however, just made me feel like I'm growing up and birthdays are just becoming normal days, or maybe I've had one too many disappointments on my birthday that I just don't care to get excited? 

Anyway this birthday didn't have any disappointments. My wonderful fiance took me to Traverse City where we met up with his brother, had lunch, walked downtown and out onto the bay (its frozen). He also surprised me the day before with a new sewing machine! It was a combination birthday/bridal shower gift from his mother and him. 

I love it! I couldn't wait to start making things again, obviously because I love crafting. I haven't been able to work with my hands and create in a very long time and it gave me much joy to think about the endless hours I will get to spend picking out fabrics and patterns and turing our future home into a place we can actually call home. 

My first project is a sewing machine cover. The machine I've been lucky to have been gifted is an old Viking that works just the same as the day it was made. It is a basic beginner machine, perfect for someone like me who has yet to establish any real skill, but I can't wait to learn all I can and make things people will love! 

I will post pictures of things I make, and perhaps even have a separate page for sewing tutorials, projects I've made, fabric I've purchased, etc. Let me know if you would love to see more of that stuff in its own category in the comments below!  

Lynnette

P.S I'm thinking of redesigning the blog, change the colors a bit, maybe add some pattern or something, if you have any suggestions let me know in the comments as well!

No comments: