Saturday, July 11, 2015

Sewing Saturday

This week I set out to make a simple circle skirt. I hate shopping for clothes, designers think that if you are as tiny as me you are either a short child or a 5'7'' model. I am neither, but that doesn't mean I don't deserve to have clothes fit my shape. I love skirts with a higher waist, I just think they look classic and fit very nicely. The problem I have is that most of the skirts in the store are too short for my comfort. Just because I want the top to come up higher doesn't mean I want the bottom to follow! So with my measurements, and some gorgeous fabric my mother gave me, I created this:



The fabric is a really light silky material that is a blue green shade with white flowers and I am in love with the final product. I couldn't help but make the picture look vintage. The pattern and fit called for it. Here in Pittsburgh it rains more than not, but when I finally do wear this out and about I will share more pictures in natural light so you can see how beautiful this skirt really is. I plan on making many more of these skirts!

No comments: