Thursday, February 6, 2014

Morning

I am not a morning person. 

Morning for me doesn't begin until 9am, and trying to get me out of bed before then is a struggle. Actually it's even a struggle to get myself out of bed when the alarm goes off at 9, but that's the earliest I can wake up without entirely hating the world. 

Joseph is a morning person.

He can wake up sans alarm at 6:30-7am every morning. He will wake up and get to work and go. Without any assistance from any stimuli at all. It's weird.

I wish I was a morning person, God only knows I wish I could enjoy mornings and wake up like Joseph and be energized and ready for my day, but it is near impossible. 

See, I don't sleep well. I am an extremely light sleeper. Any sound, movement (including my own), or shift of any of my surroundings stirs my body awake. Even worse, it takes forever for me to fall asleep and I feel I never reach that deep restful sleep everyone brags about. This has caused weird sleep patterns and unfortunately I spend most nights awake, and most mornings asleep, a la I am not a morning person.

The only way I could become a morning person is if I resorted to the sleep habits of an elementary student. In bed by 8pm every night.

Ha!

Because that is possible while being a college student.

I want to try and make it to becoming a morning person. My goal is to find ways I feel more rested and prepared when the alarm goes off and I need to start my day. I just hope that happens before we get married or I may end up mad at my husband for always waking me up! 

Heres praying God turns me into a morning person!

Lynnette

No comments: